The Knapskoot Skietbaan is situated on the farm "Lemetfort 303". On Garmin GPS software, it is indicated as "Lemetford shooting range" and the coordinates given is actually the turnoff at the tar road. The coordinates for the shooting range are: S 23*39.705 : E 027*23.790.
- Travel north on the N1, past Warmbad, (Bela Bela).
- At the Kranskop toll gate, exit at left, and proceed to Nylstroom (Modimolle).
- Go straight through Nylstroom, and proceed towards Vaalwater for about 60 km.
- When leaving Vaalwater, carry straight on towards Lephalale 114 km further. (Don't turn right at the signpost: "Lephalale", as this road is still badly damaged by floods.)
- After 114 km, turn left onto Nelson Mandela road.
- Travel through six sets of traffic lights, in the direction of the Matimba Power station, visible in the west.
- After about 14 km, turn left at the three way stop, on the Steenbokpan road.
- Follow this road for 25 km past the Medupi construction site.
- After 25 km note the signposts: "Knapskoot skietbaan 5 km" and "Lemetfort 303". Left and right of the tar road.
- Turn right, through the gate, and follow the sand road.
- Proceed for 5 kms straight ahead. You will cross 3 cattle grids. At the farmstead, the track to the range goes left, and you will reach the range 600 metres further.